Thursday, June 6, 2013

AVENT BREAST PUMP:: TRIED + TRUE


First, let me say, before I tell you how much I like this pump: The Avent brand pump was the only pump I tried so I cant say how great of a product it is up against its competitors BUT I was so satisfied with this pump that I had no desire to try another pump out. (I hear that that is a normal occurrence in the mommy world.)

Anyways, the pump is electric and can also be used manually. This double pump allows you to pump both breasts simultaneously (a great help for the 100% of moms who don't want to spend all day pumping and storing milk!)It's super easy to put together and the instructions are simple and to the point. Yes! This pump also has memory! This means that you can manually pump until you figure out the speed and suction strength you are comfortable at, pump at that desired rate for 3 or 4 pumps, hit the blue button on the pump handle, and the machine will mimic what you were doing! Even after you turn the machine off, when you're ready to pump again it pumps at your desired rate automatically. Now, how cool is that?

The Avent Double Breast Pump also comes with these nice suction pads that also work as massagers for your breast as you pump; it actually feels pretty good (especially if you have to pump multiple times a day to keep up with your baby's appetite.Your boobs can get pretty sore). It also comes with two starter, 4-ounce bottles that may be great for most babies but, if you have a baby with an amazon appetite like my child who went from 4-ounces to 8-ounces in a matter of a month and a half, you may need to buy bigger bottles from the beginning! 

I bought mine at Babies"R"Us but I no longer see it on their website or on the Avent brand site. Avent does have another breast pump with the same name so, I think, it's safe to say that the pump has just been given a cosmetic makeover. The pump will set you back $251.

The down side to this product is that, besides the machine that powers everything, the pump breaks into a lot of different pieces (more things to clean and keep track of), and small amounts of milk gets lost in between the plastic and suction cup ( a bummer for moms who don't produce a lot of milk in the first place. Hey, the little milk loss could be one good gulp for baby!) Anyways, I still love my pump. :)  

Bottom Line: good investment, good quality, good purchase.


1 comment:

  1. I have this pump too.It is pretty good. I also have the single, manual pump for when I travel.

    ReplyDelete