Saturday, March 2, 2013

FISHER PRICE HAS A HIT! THE ROCK & PLAY SLEEPER


People warned me about the issues I would come across in regards to sleep once I had RJ and everyone has a different opinion about how to get the best sleep for you and your baby once you bring your bundle of joy home with you. It can be a nerve-racking thing, right? If you let the baby sleep with you, you run the risk of causing unintentional harm to baby as you sleep. If you put the baby down to sleep in a crib or basinet, you may find that you don't sleep even if baby is catching some Z's because you can't hear the baby breathing from such a distance or any number of other concerns. Hard decisions must be made!

I will admit, I still let RJ sleep with me sometimes but when he isn't taking up every, possible inch of my bed, he sleeps in his Fisher Price Rock & Play Sleeper. It really is a great product, moms & dads. It is a good height (stands only about 2 inches lower than my mattress), has bowed legs so you can rock your baby when he/she becomes fussy, is super simple to put together (I put it together in less than 5-minutes without the instructions), and is a comfort for my baby to lay in. I think it may have something to do with the design; it's almost like laying baby in a hammock (a very sturdy hammock, made out of plastic and metal and runs no risk of flipping over if you lose your balance.)The point is that the sleeper surrounds your baby to make him/her feel at ease. It is also inclined for those babies who don't like the feeling of laying flat yet! 

Pros
  • Easy to assemble & fold for easy travel. easy,easy,easy
  • Removable cover for easy cleaning (there's that 'easy' word again!)
  • Stands at good height next to a standard bed for close proximity between you and your sleeping baby
  • Cover comes in different colors & cute designs (different stores will vary)
  • Surrounds your baby, sits at an incline, and can rock back and forth for comfort
Cons
  • Possibility of mold 
NOW, BEFORE YOU PANIC, I wouldn't recommend something that I knew was bad or dangerous for your baby but I do want you to know all the facts: Fisher-Price released a warning (a type of recall, if you will) in Jan.2013 telling parents that they needed to check for mold between the cover and base of the sleeper. The mold stems from not washing the cover. 

Bottom Line? Babies sweat in their sleep just like we do and if you feed your baby in the sleeper, chances are milk will also find its way into the cover. If you change your bed sheets every 7-10 days, why would you go weeks, months without washing what your baby sleeps in? Wash the cover, wipe down the base and mold will not be an issue.


You will love this sleeper and so will your baby! :)


^^look how comfy he looks! & he will sleep ALL night in this thing. I bet you're sold on this sleeper now, huh?^^

No comments:

Post a Comment